Magnesium helps regulate the activity of hundreds of enzymes in the body. A lack of magnesium can contribute to high blood pressure, hyperactivity and heart problems.
Sulphate is essential for many processes in the body, it can help flush toxins out of the body and helps forms proteins in the joints and brain tissue.
What can they be used for?
- Soreness and stiffness in the hands or feet
- Calcification in a joint (bunion)
- Where there is stiffness or soreness after physical exercise or following a treatment
- For symptoms of fever or flu
- Skin conditions such as dermatitis or eczema
- A general aid to relaxation
- Mild sunburn
- Soften skin
How do you use them?
Magnesium sulphate is readily absorbed by the skin meaning a nice soak is a brilliant way to use them.
For a hand or foot soak:
- Put 2 tablespoons of epsom salts in 2 litres of warm water
- Soak the feet or hands for approximately 15-20 minutes
This can be done up to 5 times a week. For specific problems such as bunions, soaking 5 times a week is required. In the case of bunions, Idosalve can be used in conjunction with epsom salts to reduce the size of the bunion.
For full body soak:
- Put one mug of epsom salts in a warm (must not be hot) normal size bath
- Bath as normal
Before using Epsom salts you should seek the advice of your doctor if you have high blood pressure, a heart disorder or diabetes.
Epsom salts are not recommended for children under 5 years of age (except under medical supervision).