Ways to Boost Your Concentration at Work
Sometimes it is hard to stay focused in order to make decisions and remember vital information. Day to day stresses and work demands can often mean our brain needs a little extra help to stay sharp and in focus.
Aromatherapy and herbs have been used effectively over the years in many ways and aiding concentration is just one way they can be utilised. Try and blend of peppermint and rosemary, in an aromatherapy diffuser will help to clear the head and refocus the mind.
Keeping hydrated is also important and whilst it is natural to reach for the coffee for a boost of caffeine when our energy levels are flagging, an alternative refreshing herbal tea that contains peppermint can work equally well as a refreshing pick me up. If you are looking for a bit of vitality try Siberian ginseng and Thyme to help you stay tip top on busy days.
Matcha green tea also has been shown to have a calming effect on the mind whilst keeping you alert.
You can of course reach for the tap and keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Reaction times, have been shown to be up to 14% faster in a recent study of participants who were well hydrated.
Top tips for Boosting Concentration
- Keep hydrated
- Eat well, but don’t over eat as this can give you an afternoon “slump”.
- Get enough sleep, the best way to keep focus and energy.
- Prioritise, decide which is most important and start that first.
- Make a plan, be clear about what the end result will look like and how you will achieve it.
- Take regular breaks, work for twenty minutes then have a break for two minutes. then go back to the task in hand.
This blog was provided by Emma Skilton from Neal’s Yard Remedies